- Azure ARM , networking and GLOBAL Infrastructure (2017-10-01)
- Securing Resources and Azure Security (2017-10-01)
- Design an application storage and data access strategy (2017-10-01)
- Design advanced applications (2017-10-01)
- Design Azure Web and Mobile Apps (2017-10-01)
- Design a management, monitoring, and business continuity strategy (2017-10-01)
- Architect an Azure Compute infrastructure (2017-10-01)
- Virtual machine Series
- There are two families are VM Current Generation and Previous Generation
- VM Family
Previous GenerationCurrent GenerationGeneral PurposeD1-4 – v1A0-7 – StandardB-series (in preview)A0-4 BasicAv2 StandardD2-64 v3 latest generationD2s-64s v3 latest generationD2-5 v2 limited-time special pricingD1-5 v2DS1-S5 v2Memory OptimizedD11-14 – v1E2-64 v3 latest generationD11-14 v2 limited-time special pricingD11-15 v2DS11-S15 v2G-seriesM-seriesCompute OptimizedNoneF-seriesHigh Performance ComputeA8-11H-seriesStorage OptimizedNone
- A Series - Entry Level General Purpose , DEV, test , compute
- 300-500 IOPS /data drive max 16 data drive
- Options are A0-A11
- A0-A4 are very generic and A7-11 are HCP
- D Series - General Purpose Compute , SSD based , Production class
- IOPS 500/disk, 2-32 data disk supported
- DS Series - Very High IOPS workload
- 3200 - 50k IOPS
- DV2 Series - Next Generation Compute
- F Series -Compute Optimized
- G Series - Memory and Storage Optimize
- H Series - Next Generation High Performance Computing
- L Series - Storage Optimize mainly used for application like large databases
- N Series GPU Enabled Graphics Optimized
- Premium data disk for VMs
- Azure Premium Storage delivers high-performance, low-latency disk support for virtual machines (VMs) with input/output (I/O)-intensive workloads. VM disks that use Premium Storage store data on solid-state drives (SSDs). To take advantage of the speed and performance of premium storage disks, you can migrate existing VM disks to Premium Storage.
- Premium Storage supports DS-series, DSv2-series, GS-series, Ls-series, and Fs-series VMs.
- With Premium Storage, Azure offers the ability to truly lift-and-shift demanding enterprise applications like Dynamics AX, Dynamics CRM, Exchange Server, SAP Business Suite, and SharePoint farms to the cloud.
- High Performance Compute
- A8-A11 and H series are called HPC machine
- VM Images
- Images can be stores either in VM galary or Open Source VM Depot
- Custom image capturing required sysprep to run on it
- VM Agents
- Installed by default on VM is responsible execution of management task
- VM extension
- First party or Thrid party plug-ins for VMs
- The Custom Script Extension
- The Custom Script Extension downloads and executes scripts on Azure virtual machines.
- This extension is useful for post deployment configuration, software installation, or any other configuration / management task.
- Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- Azure Automation DSC is an Azure service that allows you to write, manage, and compile PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC) configurations, import DSC Resources, and assign configurations to target nodes, all in the cloud.
- Azure Automation DSC provides several advantages over using DSC outside of Azure.
- Auto Scaling
- The standard service plan or higher is required for auto-scaling.
- Availability Sets
- The availability set can only be configured when creating a virtual machine. You must recreate the virtual machine to move it in or out of an availability set.
- Scale Set Vs Placement Group
- The core difference is that scale sets are Identical vms where availibity does not require them to be identical.
- A placement group is a construct similar to an Azure availability set, with its own fault domains and upgrade domains. By default, a scale set consists of a single placement group with a maximum size of 100 VMs. If a scale set property called singlePlacementGroup is set to false, the scale set can be composed of multiple placement groups and has a range of 0-1,000 VMs.
- Availability set,>>Scale Set>>placement group
- Azure's Azure Compute Unit (ACU)
- Azure have created the concept of the Azure Compute Unit (ACU) to provide a way of comparing compute (CPU) performance across Azure SKUs
- A1-A7 100 ACU , A8-A11- 225 ACU, H 290-300 ACU , G 180-250 ACU , F 210- 250 ACU
- Important Point to remembers